APSU – Associação Portuguesa de StartUps is the Portuguese Association of Start-Ups. It was created in January 2017 as a reaction to the statistics of Eurostat that showed that Portugal is the EU-28 country with the lowest survival rate of Start-Ups in the first 5 years.
As a result, APSU has the mission to promote the entrepreneurship and to nurture the Start-Ups and the entrepreneurs, especially in the early stages.
Some of the main activities of APSU are:
- The networking of the Start-Ups with other enterprises in order to promote the establishment of commercial cooperation’s;
- The network of the Start-Ups with the job seekers and the training centres, in order to empower these enterprises with human capital and in order to articulate the trainings provided with the market needs of the Start-Ups;
- The network and representation of the Start-Ups with the political decision-makers, in order to ensure good flow information between both actors;
- The provision of professional counselling and of administrative, legal and bureaucratic services to the entrepreneurs;
- The elaboration of trainings and other forms of professional capacitation to the entrepreneurs and workers of the SMEs. These trainings are mainly focused on soft-skills, technologies and other technical areas, and formal processes;
- The establishment of national and international cooperation’s in order to create innovative trainings, innovative processes and innovative products.
For more information, please visit our website: www.apsu.pt